We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketing Director who is commercially driven and passionate about digital marketing and health. You will be heading up our overall marketing offering in our vibrant Soho, London offices. The vision for this role is for you to position nitro as an expert in marketing and media within the healthcare space, with unrivalled experience in creating strategy, planning and executing to reach, communicate and engage with healthcare professionals and patients. There will be considerable expectations that the individual can create the demand and help to generate revenue, with significant margin as we look to realise the largely untapped market opportunity.
The successful candidate will be proactive in presenting ideas to the client, and comfortable working closely with the leadership team and other agency partners to deliver marketing campaigns across digital platforms. The ability to work directly with clients is essential, as is the ability to think on your feet. This is a senior role responsible for team management, marketing strategy and revenue-driving activities.
- Initially, you will lead the marketing team and be responsible for growth and development of the team as a whole and individual team members (we have a team lead on maternity leave, and this part of the role may revert to her on return)
- Defining the performance framework and progression roadmap, ensuring all team members deliver consistent, timely and accurate work and are reviewed regularly to identify any performance blockers and support team members in overcoming these to reach goals and targets
- Identifying and converting revenue opportunities in marketing, working with account leads and joining calls and pitches from a strategic marketing point of view
- Attending events and speaking engagements and creating thought leadership pieces on marketing for the agency
- Working closely with the COO to develop new productised marketing services to support new business strategies
- Creating advocacy by inspiring and leading clients to embrace new approaches in digital marketing; taking them out of their comfort zones to achieve things they can be proud to showcase to their bosses and colleagues.
- Developing new ways to test, measure and learn so we continue to improve marketing performance for our clients
- Keeping up to date with new marketing trends, channels and tactics; sharing this knowledge with clients and supporting them by finding examples of other brands using new tactics or channels
This role requires someone with experience leading a team, and the proven ability to drive revenue and growth within the agency.
Essential experience and skills required
- 7+ years working in digital marketing, with experience working both tactically and strategically
- Minimum 3 years experience managing a team, preferably experience in building and growing a team
- Proven experience driving revenue at either agency or client side (healthcare industry would be preferable)
- Confident in presenting marketing strategy and tactics to clients; confident in pitching to new and prospective clients
For this role, we need someone with a vision for digital marketing, and someone who is passionate about health. We are looking for someone to hit the ground running, and who can drive growth from a revenue and resource perspective. The successful candidate will need to ensure excellence in marketing delivery through a team of specialists, and to grow that team according to business and client needs.